This from the Ottawa Citizen a Patient’s perspective.
Follow this link:
How to Avoid a Diabetic Amputation: Message from a Patient
- Give your Patient a Red Card (or a Green or Yellow One): Communicating Risk to Avoid A Foot Attack
- Non-invasive technology could help diabetics avoid amputation
- Pioneering heel cup for diabetic patients could help avoid amputations
- How to avoid turning over patient accounts to a collection agency
- Selection of amputation level in diabetic patients
- It’s not what you put on a wound, but what you take off that counts: Message from the literature
- "Fast Track" to avoid a "Foot Attack": A campaign to reduce amputation
- Data suggest that rates of diabetic foot ulcers are rising but diabetes-related amputation incidence is likely falling. Optimistic or Ominous?
- Reamputation after Minor Foot Amputation in Diabetic Patients: Risk Factors Leading to Limb Loss
- Cost Comparison: Limb Salvage Versus Amputation in Diabetic Patients